Chronic Pancreatitis More Condition_symptoms Is There A Connection Between Chronic Pancreatitis And High Cholesterol?

Is there a connection between chronic pancreatitis and high cholesterol? - chronic pancreatitis more condition_symptoms

I have chronic pancreatitis. I'm not an alcoholic. My doctor says I am born with this disease, I have 45 years. old and have just discovered last year. I am pain control, in a diet low in fat, and so far as it goes.
I had a serious crisis after my ERCP in July. Horrible ... My surgeon operates the Whipple (surgery), but after a dreadful drug interaction (drug in my local hospital at home is maintained in my attack of the pancreas), has changed his mind and no longer works.
My question is that I am on a diet, which have less fat (usually less than 25 grams of total fat in one day my family doctor) and says no blood test, I have high cholesterol. I'll see my fat and carbohydrates. I do not see how cholesterol can be high, so you probably have never eaten healthier in my life. I would therefore, if a chronic pancreatitis in some ways may know cause high cholesterol? Thank you for the feedback. bak

4 comments:

TweetyBi... said...

I just want to note that cholesterol is a substance the body produces naturally. It is not necessary to eat that are circulating in the blood. Chronic pancreatitis can cause a number of complications, but high cholesterol is not one of them.

You may need an extra hand in the form of a drug to lower your cholesterol in serum. Make sure your doctor is aware of the difficulties he has been working to reduce their carbohydrate intake of fat known /.

jcd said...

I also have pancreatitis and my cholesterol is high. I know that a high level of triglycerides are known to cause pancreatitis, but I've never heard of cholesterol is a cause or effect. Have your cholesterol diet before? Perhaps it was higher before changing your diet.

AMBER D said...

The pancreas secretes enzymes needed to digest food, used by ductal cells and insulin to transport sugar from the cells in the islets of Langerhans in the blood are produced.

The pancreas is a soft, elongated gland situated at the back of the upper abdominal cavity behind the stomach. It is divided into the head (through the bile duct runs as occurs in the duodenum) and body (the spine and the tail crosses), which is near the left kidney and spleen.

The pancreas has two main functions:

1: Producesing a number of enzymes that help digest food. Enzymes are produced in the digestion of proteins, carbohydrates, and, importantly, fats. Bicarbonate is produced in large quantities in order to neutralize the acid produced by the stomach.

2: Producesin a variety of hormones that are important for maintaining normal blood sugar levels. The best known of these hormones is insulin. Insulin deficiency of this hormone results in the development ofDiabetes. Another hormone (glucagon) helps to increase blood sugar and various other hormones that control bowel function.

The most common cause of chronic pancreatitis is long-term excessive consumption of alcohol. There is a direct correlation between the amount of alcohol consumed and the risk of chronic pancreatitis. But there are other causes,
high levels of calcium in the blood
BORN IN present at birth
Cystic Fibrosis
Fats in the blood levels (hypertriglyceridemia)
Drugs (chemist certain medications can cause pancreatitis)
can be identified in a number of cases without a specific cause, a condition known as idiopathic pancreatitis.


So are the high cholesterol is likely the cause of chronic pancreatitis and not vice versa. The high cholesterol can inheridetd of bias and lack of exercise. I advise you to seek a registered dietitian and works with the internist. Good luck!

VICTORIA L said...

Yes, there is a connection! I use it for your cholesterol is high, and my doc wanted to put me on statins, but I said no, and he said he would try these first SUPP! Well, it worked, after a year. Omega-3 and below Garlique is not high. It is 200 and my triglecirites down to ........ O3 is good for many things and especially for women! So go to your local Wal-Mart, which is an extra surprise! O3 U must take at least 2 times a day! I understand sometimes 3 X with a meal !!!!!!!!!! Oh, good luck! No matter how well or eat, your body produces naturally !!!!!! cholestral

Post a Comment